Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas in the Mission

First off, its finally Christmas and as a Mission we have done alot.  On wedensday December 19th all the sisters in the mission got together and had an activity. We first went to Pizza Pie Cafe off of University Parkway in Provo for lunch. I Love that place! I can't tell you how many pizza eating contest i've had with the elder's there when we had district lunch.  After that we went to the mission home, where Sister McCune shared a spiritual thought on Sister Dibb's Conference talk "Know it, Live it, Love it." In which we all made bracelets, the Blue bead represented Know it, the Gold represent Live it and Red for Love it. It was fun, i made an anklet, but then it broke! :( So had to fix it. We then made Gingerbread houses, and frosted Cookies. I happened to be the only Sister covered in Frosting, why me? haha. We did a white elephant exchange and that was a lot of fun, we all ended up liking the gifts we picked. So that was good, because i've been to white elephants before where it turned real ugly real quick. So that was good. Around 6:00pm we went to Riverwood an outdoor mall, and we sang christmas carols.  Let's just say that by the end of the night, my toes were numb, i could not feel them. ((Also i built a mini snowman with my bare hands, no gloves, my fingers were bright red)

When we were in provo on Wednesday, there was about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground, same with Orem, but American Fork where I'm at, its like a bubble, NO snow! :( So we're praying for a white christmas. Snow snow snow! :)

Then On Thursday December 20th, we had A zone conference. There were three of the six zones there. We had the opportunity to hear from the artist Greg Olsen. That was an amazing experiance, he talked about how he was inspired to do each of his paintings. After that President McCune talked to us (and I being in the front row was picked on to read scriptures!) We then heard from elder Bedenbaugh, and Elder bishop they gave their final testimonies. Then we had lunch, which was DELICIOIUS! Loved it. We had a talent show, where a few of us got up and did something. There were some really good talents. 3 elders put together a skit and a video, impersonating President McCune and the Assistant to the Presidents, it was too funny. Then Me and my companion Sister wood played a clarinet duet, two songs, O little town of Bethlehem and Silent night. We had planned to play It came upon a midnight clear and Hark the Hearld Angels sing, but for some reason when we were practing right before we went up, my clarinet was not making the connections from a low note to the high note, and I did everything i knew to fix it but it still continued to do so.

At the end of the conference, we were given our packages that they had been holding since Dec 10. And I want to thank my brother Jason for the Blanket that he Sent me. And my sister Melissa for the two things of Stamps, i now have over 70 stamps! Keep em coming. I have letters to write. haha. But seeing all the other missionaries get a lot of packages and stuff it bummed me out. I got really sad thinking that no one really misses me or what not, but then i was like you know what, its not about the gifts, its about the birth of Christ! So i got over it really quickly. 

I hope all of you have a very merry christmas, and hope to hear from ya'll soon! My address is

Sister Whitney A. McFarlane
Ut-Provo Mission
85 N 600 E
Provo Ut, 84606

:) love ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment